Arctic Monkeys Display & Promote

All those years working In a record shop collection Vinyl, CDs, Cassettes, Special Editions & Promos. You name it and if it made a sound I collected it.
But the one thing I didn’t bother to keep was the display material !. All those posters that were stapled to the walls. The Counter box that held a stack of CD singles. The Dangler mobile for the Eurythmics single. The pre-release Ad for the forthcoming U2 Single, the leaflets for a forthcoming release, the special bag to sell it in….
And the huge window display for the Beatles album.

If you look on eBay you can find practically any record you want, but most of this promotional display material just got dumped in the bin.
I’m sure I wasn’t the only person to do this. If you worked in a record shop you will know how much of it you got.
But it sends shivers down my spine when I think of some of the things I’ve tore up and stuffed in a black bin bag.
All I have left to show for it are a few leftovers.

It's still worth looking at though so lets start with the Arctic Monkeys.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails